WineCountry - All

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Pomponio "Sonopazzo!"

Wise Guys Cooking Antonio Sonopazzo
DISALVO Let’s give a big Wise Guys Cooking welcome to one of our old friends Antonio Sonopazzo. Antonio is the president of the Italian American UFO Society. How are you Antonio? SONO Fine Frank, sorry I’m late I don’t know if it was me or my eyes, but I could have sworn I saw large Pizza’s flying your studio here while I was parking my car. DISALVO When did this start. SONO My wife sent me out for a Extra large cheeze pizza the other night from Vito’s house of pizza, when I walked out the door something strange happened. I laid the box of pizza on the hood of my car, went to grab the keys out of my pocket and I couldn’t believe it. The box opened, and perperoni slices started rising out of my pizza, and started circling my car.
DISALVO Did you call the cops? SONO Call the cops? they would have thought I was crazy. No Frank I didn’t call the cops. No I called my wife. DISALVO What did your wife say? SONO She said I got my sleeping pills mixed up with my cats medication. DISALVO You’re cats medication? SONO (Antonio looks around the room while sitting) Did you see that?
DISALVO How did this all start. SONO When I was a baby, back in the day, my mother would put in a crib. I remember like it was yesterday. There was a little merry go round gadget swirling around my crib. DISALVO I’ve seen those they spinning around your crib putting you to sleep. SONO That’s how it all started Frank. Instead of singing a kiddie lullaby, she would be singing “Doo Doo Doo Doo, Dood Doo Doo.” She would turn the lights off and the merry go round would glow in the dark. DISALVO Scary SONO From that moment as a baby, I’ve always felt their were aliens following me.
DISALVO Creatures from outer space. How’s your mother now. SONO I haven’t seen her in years. DISALVO Years. SONO Yes Frank when I was a little kid, it was night time and I saw something strange. It was late and I looked out the window, and something that looked like a flying saucer attempted to land in our back yard. I flew in so fast that the green mens little legs couldn’t find the brake peddles. I saw their little legs hanging out trying to stop the flying saucer before they crash landed. DISALVO Crash landed in your back yard.
SONO My mother went out to see what the disturbance was, she walked up to the flying saucer, and a little green man asked her to board. DISALVO Your mother was invited into the saucer. SONO That’s right Frank. Gone, she’s gone. DISALVO How about your father how’s he doing. SONO He saw the whole thing. He couldn’t believe his eyes. DISALVO Where’s your father now. SONO He’s in a straight jacket somewhere in a home for the mentally disturbed near Milwaukee. DISALVO Well there your have it folks Antonio Sonopazo, thanks for sharing your story with us.

No comments: